Module 1 – Introducing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This module describes Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and the tools used for developing reports, manage reports, and configuring the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- The Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Cycle
- Configuring Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Tools to manage Reports and the Report Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Solutions
Module 2 – Authoring Basic Reports
This module describes the fundamentals of report authoring, including configuring data sources and data sets, creating tabular reports, summarizing data, and applying basic formatting.
- Data Sources
- Data Sets
- Tablix Data Region
- Grouping Data
- Sorting Data
- Headers and Footers
- Aggregating Data
- Expressions and conditional Formatting
Module 3 – Enhancing basic Reports
This module describes how to create reports with navigational controls and how to render reports in different formats.
- Drill-down, Document Maps, and Actions
- Export Reports to different formats
Module 4 – Using Parameters and advanced Data Sets in Reports
This module describes how to interact with a data set through the use of parameters and how to dynamically modify the data set underlying a data region by allowing parameters to be sent to the underlying query, as well as best practices to implement static and dynamic parameter lists.
- Query Parameters
- Report Parameters
- Parameter Lists
- Stored Procedures
- Reports using multiple Data Sources
Module 5 – Graphical Reports
This module describes how to create reports using charts, data bars, sparklines, and indicators.
- Data Bars, Sparklines, and Indicators
Module 6 – Publishing and Executing Reports
This module describes the various options to publish reports to the report server and execute them.
- Publishing Reports
- Maintaining Data Sources
- Caching Reports
- Reports and Power BI
Module 7 – Using Subscriptions
This module describes how to implement subscriptions to distribute reports either automatically by e-mail, publishing reports to a shared folder, or publishing reports to a SharePoint library.
- Standard Subscriptions
- Data-driven Subscriptions
Module 8 – Managing Security
This module describes how to plan and implement security on Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Security on the Site Level
- Security on Folders and Reports
- User defines Roles
- Linked Reports