This Word course is a part of 4D's unique collection of English conducted courses for Office and you do not need to have previous experience with Word but we recommend that you show up on the day of the course, willing to learn, and we can promise you the best possible course experience.
Getting started with Word
In this module, you get an overview of the user interface.
- The User Interface - document views
Working with text and Documents in Word
Here you’ll learn to build a document from scratch. No matter how simple or complex your documents are, you will need the tools you will learn in this module.
- Editing - Copying and Moving Text
- Formatting – Understanding the “Codes” in Word
- Selection of text and navigation in the document
- Go To and Find and Replace
- Spelling & Grammar and Thesaurus
- Document Components - Easy way to insert standard text
In this module you’ll learn a variety of text formatting and copying of text formats. You’ll discover the possibilities in relation to text formatting.
- Formatting of Fonts, Sizes, Colors, Spacing etc.
- Format Painter - a clever way to reuse formats
- Language - specify which language the spellchecker should use
In this module you’ll learn to adjust the paragraphs in the document. All text is placed in paragraphs and therefore it’s important to learn all the settings for a paragraph.
- Paragraphs - understand an important part of Word
- Indentation and Spacing
- Tabs - Learn how to setup text in columns
- Using bulleted lists
- Borders and shading
- Introduction to Styles
We will learn you to setup your document for printing. You’ll learn to format and layout your entire document.
- Page Layout - Page header and Footer - Watermarks
- Sections - understand how sections are used to isolate parts of a document
In this module you’ll learn to create and use tables. Tables are an excellent tool to arrange and layout text and graphics in your document.
- Inserting and editing Tables
- Format tables regarding borders, shading, alignment, merge/split
- Tables - How to handle an easy layout of text and graphics
- Table Layout - an Easy and Professional Way of Changing the Look of a Table
Graphics in the document
In this module you’ll learn how you can create a document using graphics.
- Creating and managing illustrations in your document
- Pictures - Online pictures
- Shapes – Make illustrations
- Use of Canvas
- SmartArt – a fast and easy way of creating professional illustrations
Here you will get an overview of keyboard shortcuts.
- Word standard keyboard shortcuts