User Customization of Word
In this module you’ll learn how you customize the user interface in Word. You learn also learn how to customize the keyboard shortcuts for your needs.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customize the Keyboard
- Customize the Status Bar
- Word Options
Styles in Word
Styles is the professional way to format your documents. In this module you’ll learn to create and working with styles.
- Advantages of Using Styles
- Using and Editing Styles
- Creating Styles
Working with Large Documents
In this module you’ll be introduced to a lot of tools necessary working with large documents e.g. reports or user manuals. You'll learn about the opportunities automating large documents.
- Document Outline and Miniatures - Quick Overview and Navigation
- Tables of Contents
- Table of Figures
- Food- and End Notes
- Cross References - References Across Pages of Your Document
In this module you’ll learn why it might be appropriate to subdivide large documents into multiple smaller documents. You'll also learn to merge multiple documents into a single document.
- Main and Sub Documents
- Inserting Text from Other Documents
Mail Merging in Word
In this module you’ll learn how to use mail merge and what options you have. You’ll learn to create personalized letters too many different people, and how to handle data sources with many details.
- Merging Letters, Emails, Envelopes, Labels and Address Lists
- Filtering and Selection of Individual Records
Cooperating on Documents
In this module you’ll learn about collaboration and proofing tools in Word. You’ll learn to insert comments in your document, as well as how to manage suggestions for corrections. You’ll learn to compare multiple documents highlighting any differences.
- Comments in Your Document
- Track Changes So You Know What has Been Changed
- Accept or Reject Changes
- Show Track Changes - Different Ways of Getting a Summary of Changes
- Compare Two or More Documents
- Document Properties - Enter Author, Company or Other Information
- Mark the Document as Final - Prevent Changes and Create Access Codes
In this module you’ll get an understanding of templates in Word and the benefits of using them. You’ll learn to create your own templates.
- Using Templates
- Creating Templates
Fields and Control Elements in Word
In this module you’ll learn how to add automation and simplicity to your templates using fields and controls.
- Creating, Editing and Updating Fields
- Content Controls - Creating Electronic Forms
- Protection of Forms
In this module you’ll learn how to add automation to your document using macros. You'll learn what macros are and when they are used. You learn to create simple macros by using the "macro recorder".
- Learn What a Macro is - Automation in Word
- Recording Macros
- Editing Macros
- Running Macros
In this module you’ll get an overview of all shortcut keys and fields.
- Keyboard Shortcuts in Word
- Function Keys