Module 1: Identity
In this module, you will learn how to secure identities with Azure Active Directory, and implement users and groups.Lessons
Lab : Manage Azure Active Directory IdentitiesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Azure Active Directory
- Users and Groups
- Secure and manage identities with Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and manage users and groups.
Module 2: Governance and Compliance
In this module, you will learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts, implementing Azure policies, and using Role-Based Access Control.Lessons
Lab : Manage Subscriptions and RBACLab : Manage Governance via Azure PolicyAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Azure Policy
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
- Implement and manage Azure subscriptions and accounts.
- Implement Azure Policy, including custom policies.
- Use RBAC to assign permissions.
Module 3: Azure Administration
In this module, you will learn about the tools an Azure Administrator uses to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and Resource Manager Templates. This module includes:Lessons
Lab : Manage Azure resources by Using the Azure PortalLab : Manage Azure resources by Using ARM TemplatesLab : Manage Azure resources by Using Azure PowerShellLab : Manage Azure resources by Using Azure CLIAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Portal and Cloud Shell
- Azure PowerShell and CLI
- ARM Templates
- Leverage Azure Resource Manager to organize resources.
- Use the Azure Portal and Cloud Shell.
- Use Azure PowerShell and CLI.
- Use ARM Templates to deploy resources.
Module 4: Virtual Networking
In this module, you will learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks and subnetting, IP addressing, network security groups, Azure Firewall, and Azure DNS.Lessons
Lab : Implement Virtual NetworkingAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Virtual Networks
- IP Addressing
- Network Security groups
- Azure Firewall
- Azure DNS
- Implement virtual networks and subnets.
- Configure public and private IP addressing.
- Configure network security groups.
- Configure Azure Firewall.
- Configure private and public DNS zones.
Module 5: Intersite Connectivity
In this module, you will learn about intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, Virtual Network Gateways, and Site-to-Site Connections.Lessons
Lab : Implement Intersite ConnectivityAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- VNet Peering
- VPN Gateway Connections
- ExpressRoute and Virtual WAN
- Configure VNet Peering.
- Configure VPN gateways.
- Choose the appropriate intersite connectivity solution.
Module 6: Network Traffic Management
In this module, you will learn about network traffic strategies including network routing and service endpoints, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Application Gateway, and Traffic Manager.Lessons
Lab : Implement Traffic ManagementAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Network Routing and Endpoints
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Application Gateway
- Traffic Manager
- Configure network routing including custom routes and service endpoints.
- Configure an Azure Load Balancer.
- Configure and Azure Application Gateway.
- Choose the appropriate network traffic solution.
Module 7: Azure Storage
In this module, you will learn about basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files and File Sync, storage security, and storage tools.Lessons
Lab : Manage Azure storageAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Storage Accounts
- Blob Storage
- Storage Security
- Azure Files and File Sync
- Managing Storage
- Create Azure storage accounts.
- Configure blob containers.
- Secure Azure storage.
- Configure Azure files shares and file sync.
- Manage storage with tools such as Storage Explorer.
Module 8: Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, you will learn about Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions.Lessons
Lab : Manage virtual machinesAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Virtual Machine Planning
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Extensions
- Plan for virtual machine implementations.
- Create virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine availability, including scale sets.
- Use virtual machine extensions.
Module 9: Serverless Computing
In this module, you will learn administer serverless computing features like Azure App Service, Azure Container Instances, and Kubernetes.Lessons
Lab : Implement Web AppsLab : Implement Azure Container InstancesLab : Implement Azure Kubernetes ServiceAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Azure App Service Plans
- Azure App Service
- Container Services
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Create an app service plan.
- Create a web app.
- Implement Azure Container Instances.
- Implement Azure Kubernetes Service.
Module 10: Data Protection
In this module, you will learn about backing up files and folders, and virtual machine backups.Lessons
Lab : Implement Data ProtectionAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- File and Folder Backups
- Virtual Machine Backups
- Backup and restore file and folders.
- Backup and restore virtual machines.
Module 11: Monitoring
In this module, you will learn about monitoring your Azure infrastructure including Azure Monitor, alerting, and log analytics.Lessons
Lab : Implement MonitoringAfter completing this module, students will be able to:
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
- Use Azure Monitor.
- Create Azure alerts.
- Query using Log Analytics.
- Use Network Watcher.