Getting Started with Excel
This module covers the basics. Surveying the screen, getting acquainted with the user interface.
- The User Interface – Surveying the Excel Screen
- Workbooks and Worksheets
- Columns, Rows and Cells
- The Ribbon - Find Your Tools Easily
- Tabs and Contextual Tabs
- The Microsoft Office Button / File Tab
- Quick Access Toolbar – Adding Your Own Commands
- Customizing the Status Bar
- Zooming In or Out
Building a Workbook
Navigating the worksheet and selecting cells. Entering and editing text and numbers in cells. Copying cells, mastering the fill-handle. Saving your work.
- Using Worksheets
- Entering and Editing Data
- Comments - Inserting Comments to Cells
- Columns, Rows and Cells
- File Management - Keep Track of Your Worksheets
Formulas And Calculations
In this module you will learn how to make basic calculations. You will learn how to do the math on numbers, referring to a cell or referring to named range in the worksheet. You will also learn to master the five most common functions from the Excel function library.
- Calculation Operators and Calculation Rules
- Excel Formulas with Cell References
- Introduction to Functions - An Easy and Automatic Way of Carrying Out Calculations
- Statistical Functions
- Logical Functions
- Copying Formulas and Functions
- Relative or Absolute Cell References
- Assigning Names in Formulas
- Error Checking Settings
In this module you will learn how to improve the way Excel displays your data. You will learn how to change fonts and character sizes and how to add color to emphasize important cells.
- Formatting Cells
- Formatting Tools
- Format Numbers, Dates, Percentages, Font, Colors, Borders etc.
- Automatic Formatting While Writing
- Clear Formats
- Format Painter - An Easy Way of Copying Formats
Printing And Page Layout
In this module you will learn how to improve the way Excel prints your data on paper. How to adjust the layout (ie. margins, layout, orientation, paper size), and how to scale your print to fit a fixed number of pages.
- Preview The Sheet Before Printing
- Make Adjustments to The Page Layout
- Printing The Spreadsheet
The Use of Multiple Sheets
After you’ve built your workbook, you can reorganize to your own needs. If you use data in a specific sheet often, you can move it to the front of the workbook. Another way to save time is to enter the same data or apply the same format to multiple cells in several worksheets simultaneously.
- Managing Multiple Sheets
- Navigation Between Sheets
- Creating And Working with Multiple Sheets
- Entering Data on Multiple Sheets
- Formulas on Multiple Sheets
The limitation of working with numbers, even in summary, is that it is hard to keep track of several numbers at a time. By summarizing your data using a chart, you can make it much easier to see patterns and relationships.
- Enhancing Your Worksheets Using Charts
- Creating Charts
- Chart Tools – Design, Layout and Format
Having entered a lot of data in Excel, you may want to change the order in which the worksheet rows are displayed. So you need to sort your data. Or you may want hide certain rows not meeting your criteria. So you will have to use the Excel AutoFilter.
- Organizing Data Using Lists
- Creating Lists
- Sorting Lists
- Filtering Data Using Auto Filter
- Creating Tables
- Table Styles
Help and Keyboard Shortcuts
In this module you will get an overview of keyboard shortcuts and key tips.
- Using Excel Help
- Excel Standard Keyboard Shortcuts
- Accessing All Commands from the Keyboard Using Key Tips