You will learn
On this Excel course you will learn to create more advanced and automated Excel work sheets and be able to use a lot of Excel’s many build-in functions. After the course you have become an even more efficient user of Excel. This course is meant for you who work with bigger amount of data.
After the course you will be able to:
- Handle several work books and create formulas between them – and ensure that values you enter are validated to avoid errors
- Build advanced formulas using some of the most useful build-in functions such as IF in several levels
- Use VLOOKUP+MATCH – functions to be used when you want to look up values in big data lists
- Handle formulas which return errors
- Use conditional formatting as a tool to highlight desired key figures or figures that meet your criteria
- Create an overview of and make calculations on long lists, ex. using functions such as Subtotals, SUMIFS
- Create PivotTables – an overview of your vast amount of data
In the section, ”Course Details” below, you will find more details about the content of this course in Excel
We will give you tools for working with sheets and work books, ex. functions, consolidation and protection, as well as how to ensure correct entries by using data validation. We also go through advanced copying, and automatic selection of many cells containing formulas or fixed values.
You will get a thorough review of build-in functions, where we look at logical functions, such as "IF" to test, "LOOKUP" to find values in other data lists and "YEAR", "MONTH" and "DAY" to extract values on dates.
We also look at conditional formatting, which enhance your number material with automatically colored columns or different types of icons. We look at the many criteria for when a conditional format should be performed, and we will look further at their settings and how conditional formulas are used.
In addition, we will look at larger lists and how we can use different tools on them such as grouping, subtotals and the build-in functions: SUMIFS, COUNTIFS and AVERAGEIFS. You also get an introduction to Pivot tables - the fastest tool for grouping your data and making related calculations.