You will learn
The aim of this course is to develop your skills in compiling more comprehensive and more advanced Excel applications (spreadsheet model).
This course is intended for you, who work with Excel 2016, Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007 or Excel as a part of Office 365.
Before the course
During the course
- The opportunity to speak with one of our instructors about finding the right course for you.
After the course
- Teaching by the most experienced instructor team in our cozy and fully updated classrooms located in the center of Copenhagen.
- A course that consists of a both theory and practical exercises. We know the importance of having practical exercises and hands-on is always in focus during the courses.
- A course material you can use as an encyclopedia after the course and downloads of course exercises.
- Full accommodation, which includes breakfast, fresh coffee, tea, fruit, soft drinks, lunch in an Italian restaurant on Gråbrødretorv, cake, candy and off cause Wi-Fi to your devices.
- A course certificate as a proof of your new skills.
- Access to our free hotline service, which means that you up to a year after the completing of the course can contact us if you have questions regarding subjects from the course.
- We have a unique satisfaction guarantee in order to ensure you the complete benefit from the course.
Get the best benefit from the course
This is an advanced course, so we recommend that you have participated in our Excel Experienced
or have the knowledge equivalent to the content covered in the above-mentioned course.
Besides that, we recommend that you show up in due time on the day of the course, willing to learn, and we will promise you the best possible course experience.
Feel free to contact us on 33 14 71 44, email@example.com
or via our chat. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Overview of functions
Functions ease and automate the task of performing advanced calculations. Functions are used for solving a wide range of problems in Excel. This module gives you a reference compendium for looking up a large number of Excel functions.
- Statistical calculations
- Mathematical calculations
- Text manipulation
- Date and time calculations
- Financial calculations
- Spreadsheet logic tests
- Informative calculations
- Reference and look-up functions
Import and export data
In this module you learn to import data from external data sources into Excel.
- Importing a text file
- Database querying
- Web querying
- Importing data from Access
- Saving as a web page
- Importing and exporting XML data
Advanced formulas and functions
This module familiarises you with a range of special functionalities in Excel. You learn how a data range can be expanded automatically when the range is filled in with more data. You will be introduced to special types of formulas in Excel called array formulas.
- Dealing with calculations and named ranges
- Creating dynamic lists
- Automatic offset of a named range
- Calculations in ranges using the Data Table function
- Advanced calculations using array formulas
- Solving advanced problems using Solver
In this module, you learn how to add automation to spreadsheets using controls. Controls are also used to make worksheets easier for others to use.
- Combo Box
- Spin Button and Scroll Bar
- Option Buttons and Check Boxes
- Command Buttons
- Aligning and distributing objects
In this module, you learn to add automated features to spreadsheets using macros. You learn what macros are and when to use them. You learn to create simple macros using a "recorder".
- Recording a macro
- Running a macro
- Editing a macro
- Deleting a macro
- Personal macro project folder
In this module, you learn how to use a number of database tools in large spreadsheets. You learn how to filter large volumes of data in special ways.
- Criteria-based data extraction using Advanced Filter
- Spreadsheet statistics using database functions
This module gives you a logical overview of all the Excel shortcuts.
- Compendium of Excel shortcuts