Module-1: What is SQL?
In this module, you will be introduced to basic theories about designing relational databases and to some history about RMDB and SQL language.
- Basic database design
- Primary keys and foreign keys
- What is SQL?
Module-2: Retrieving data and sorting data
Here you will be introduced to the SELECT statement and learn how to perform simple querys in a relational database.
- Use the SELECT statement
- Retrieve all columns and retrieve individual columns
- Sort data and sort data by using multiple keys
Module-3: Filtering data
In this module, you will learn to filter selected data.
- The WHERE clause
- Formulas in a WHERE clause
- The use of IN – NOT - BETWEEN
Module-4: Filtering by using joker characters
In this module, you will be introduced to filtering by using patterns.
- Special filter characters using Like: %, ?, _
Module-5: Calculated columns and functions
Here you will be introduced to how to create calculated columns. You will also see some of the most commonly used Functions() in SQL. You will learn some of the more specific T-SQL-functions() and be given a list of all the available T-SQL functions. You will also learn to work with alias for tables and columns.
- What is a field? - Concatenation of fields
- Using alias
- What is a function? - using functions
Module-6: Calculating totals and grouping of data
We will introduce you to a special group of functions: The aggregate-functions, which are functions used to calculate per column in a group of data.
- Aggregate functions - SUM, MAX, MIN, AVG
- Using aggregate functions
- Grouping data
- Filtering groups
In this module, you will learn about subqueries which, on one hand, can be very complex but on the other hand also extremely useful. You will after this module be able to use subqueries as a filter and to use subqueries as embedded in calculations.
- What is a subquery?
- Filtering by using subqueries
- Correlated embedded subqueries
Module-8: Joins and combined queries
Here you shall work with normalized data and relational data you will learn how to use joins. We will explain the different types of joins and how they are used.
- What are combined queries?
- Inner join and outer join
- Joins and aggregations
Module-9: Editing data
In this module, you will get a short introduction to inserting and updating data in a database, by using SQL statements.
- INSERT INTO – UPDATE - DELETE