Do you want to be better at planning your projects? Then a course in Microsoft Project might provide the tools you need. With a basic course in Microsoft Project you will be able to create and manage project plans.
Using project examples we go through the various options for incorporating task dependencies and the constraints of the project. You will learn when and how to use the different tools that are appropriate in various phases of the project e.g. how to manage resource allocation and keep track of task progress.
In the course we include the timeline tool that will help to present a good overview and to share important milestones and deadlines. You also learn how to handle the changes that continually arises in any project.
The course is aimed at users of Project 2016, Project 2013, Project 2010 or Project as part of the Office 365.
You do not need to have previous experience with Project but we recommend that you show up in time on the day of the course, willing to learn, and we can promise you the best possible course experience.
Feel free to contact us at 33 14 71 44, firstname.lastname@example.org or via our chat. We are looking forward to seeing you!
Before the course
- The opportunity to speak with one of our instructors about finding the right course for you.
During the course
- Teaching by the most experienced instructor team in our cozy and fully updated classrooms located in the center of Copenhagen.
- A course that consists of a both theory and practical exercises. We know the importance of having practical exercises and hands-on is always in focus during the courses.
- A course material you can use as reference after the course and download of course exercise files.
- Full accommodation, which includes breakfast, fresh coffee, tea, fruit, soft drinks, lunch in an Italian restaurant on Gråbrødretorv, cake, candy and of course Wi-Fi for your devices.
- A course certificate as a proof of your new skills.
After the course
- Access to our free hotline service, which means that up to a year after completing the course you can contact us if you have questions regarding subjects from the course.
- We have a unique satisfaction guarantee in order to ensure you the complete benefit from the course.
- User interface
- Built-in views
Creating a project plan
- Entering basic project information
- Choosing planning method
- Changing working time
- Duration vs. work
- Entering basis task information
- Creating a basic WBS (split a complicated task into subtasks and a summary task)
- Linking tasks
- The 4 link types
- Constraints and deadlines
- Create resources
- Resource types: Work, cost and materials
- Resource calendars and changing working time
- Rates and overtime rates
- How to show overallocations
- How to view detailed assignment information
- Resource leveling
- Fonts and Gantt bars
- Critical tasks/Critical path
- Other Gantt chart formatting
- Other ways of sharing project information
- Creating baselines
- Comparing plans and baselines
- Work with progress lines and status dates
- Entering actual duration and/or remaining duration
- Entering actual work and other actuals
Calculations in Project
- The work equation
- Task types: Fixed work, Fixed duration or Fixed units
- Effort driven tasks
- Project Summary