You will learn
This course is for you, who must administer a SharePoint site or must build a website, for your colleagues - for example in your department. You are responsible for designing the appearance and content of this site, containing libraries, lists, and subsites.
This course is also very relevant if you work with creating or maintaining the user's access rights on your sites, libraries, and lists or if you are managing user groups and their access to the site. The course is intended for you who has been assigned the role: Owner.
You will learn how to create subsites, choose which templates are useful in your specific situation and how you manage the settings on this site. You will also learn how to build libraries/lists, subsites and how to design these by using the relevant meta data and settings.
You'll learn how to make the navigation in all your files more transparent for your users by using custom columns (metadata) in your libraries and lists.
After this course you will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Create and maintain websites, subsites as well as libraries, lists and their content
- Create and use metadata and design the look of your websites
- Use and maintain web parts
- Edit the navigation interface on websites and webpages
- Know how to handle the integration between Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Work with webpages
- Create and maintain the access rights for users and groupsIn the section, ”Course Details” below, you will find more details about the content of this course in SharePoint
This course is also relevant, if you are working in SharePoint as parts of the Office 365 - note however that the course will be conducted in a local SharePoint setup. The installation is in English and the course compendium will be in English as well.